About the Library
The University Library and Audiovisual Services has the basic responsibility of providing the collection of resources and services to the students and faculty of Mindanao University of Science and Technology.
As an integral part of the University organization and as an intellectual resource of the academic community, the Library aligns with the mission statement of the institution with its vision, mission, goals and objectives.
As the University moves towards its goal of achieving prominence as a leading state university in this part of the country it is the vision of the Library to become a dynamic sanctuary of intellectual discourse and refuge of learning through an integrated, seamless web of information and learning commons that promote growth, intellectual development, pursue inquiry and research relevant to the curricular, informational, innovative and research needs of the academic community.
It is the mission of the University Library to support the intellectual growth, moral and spiritual development and research needs of the students, faculty and staff through the provisions of information resources, collaborative learning spaces and services that enhance their individual capacities and their yearn for learning by:
- Acquiring and preserving records of human knowledge and creativity in both print and non-print such as those in monographs, digital, audiovisual, online and other appropriate formats;
- Providing services that facilitate access to these records by organizing, cataloging and indexing them;
- Assisting and instructing users of the Library through orientations, formal lectures or one on one interaction in order to help them in the retrieval of these records and those held by other libraries and databases throughout the world;
- Providing maximum, effective and fast retrieval of information by computerizing library services and operations;
- Committing itself with other institutions and organizations in the sharing of these resources with a community of researchers and scholars.
Our Goals and Objectives
The following are the goals and objectives of the Library and Audiovisual Services System:
- To develop and enhance the capability of the library resources and services in meeting the demands of the curricular, instructional, informational, and research programs of the academic community by providing regular funding to yearly acquisition of library materials;
- To establish a computer infrastructure of all library operations and services by acquiring library computer software and hardware to make computerization functional;
- To establish a strong library linkage with other institutions and agencies in the country and if possible with organizations and agencies from foreign countries by seeking contact with these agencies;
- To strengthen the library’s bond to the library patrons by establishing “Friends of the Library” program which would assist in the development of the library collection;
- To provide services that enhance the quest for knowledge and intellectual activity through the establishment of collaborative spaces and learning commons;
- To create various bibliographies and library pathfinders for easy access and retrieval of information;
- To create an atmosphere wherein students and faculty may carry on the learning process.