CSM offers two doctorate programs, five master’s programs and five baccalaureate programs. These are offered in line with the University mandate and its goals of becoming Center of Development and Center of Excellence in some of its programs and providing individuals with quality education whose inclination is anchored on science and technology.
As CHED-recognized Delivering Higher Education Institution (DHEI), CSM accommodates scholars from both the graduate level and the undergraduate level.
Comprising the College of Science and Mathematics are seven various departments, namely: Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics (BSAM), Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (BSChem), Bachelor of Science in Applied Physical Sciences (BSAPS), Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Technology (BSEST), Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology (BSFST).
The College of Science and Mathematics of USTSP will further its reputation nationally and internationally for excellence and leadership in all aspects of instruction, research, and extension within its sphere of influence. CSM will be recognized for its novel programs that address emerging needs of the society.
The College of Science and Mathematics of USTSP, making optimal utilization of resources, is committed to:
- Develop competent and committed human capital with a high sense of moral values, critical thinking and effective communication through quality and balanced education;
- Produce empowered, employable and enterprising graduates in mathematics, sciences and associated arts and technology to be exemplary members of a diverse and global community;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in the production and deployment of cutting edge knowledge towards increased human capability, scientific innovation and technological advancement;
- Promote leadership for stewardship towards a sustainable environment and social responsibility to the needs of various stakeholders;
- Strengthen the culture of scholarship among the faculty and students through increasing integration of research, extension and production in all university.
The College shall
- Train and produce degree holders, undergraduate and graduate, in mathematics, the sciences, science education, and in the associated arts that are relevant to science-and-technology-based economic and societal growth;
- Develop students into becoming lifelong learners in their roles as responsible citizens and competent specialists through high quality academic learning experiences;
- Produce graduates distinguished by their broad intellectual vigor, sense of responsibility, and commitment to service;
- Infuse technology in the learning environment and promote/support alternative teaching-learning approaches;
- Promote and maintain a productive working atmosphere through a functional organization, an effective system of communication, and the recruitment, retention, and rewarding of qualified faculty and staff;
- Develop faculty members to become and to persist as excellent teacher-scholars;
- Heighten its academic role through research, extension, and production activities that address and resolve institutional and community problems.
- Establish productive partnerships with various industries, agencies, and other academic institutions; and
- Strive towards enhanced reputation as a center for the meaningful progress of society through the arts and sciences.
DR. DENNIS APUAN
Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
1/F LRC, Rm. 106
University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines
C.M. Recto Avenue, Lapasan, Cagayan de Oro City
Telephone : (088) 856-1739 local 127
E-mail : [email protected]