- Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of
- Graduates are thought leaders in maintaining the highest standards of the local and global practice and ethical conduct of the multi-dimensional aspect of the profession.
- Graduates are competent architects taking into account the needs and demands of the society and its integration to the socio-economic, cultural and environmental aspects of nation building.
- Graduates are abreast with the new and emerging ideas in design innovation through continuing professional development and research leading to entrepreneurial opportunities.
The student shall be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply concepts and principles from specialized fields and allied disciplines into various architectural problems.
- Research literature, analyze complex architecture design problems and formulate solutions using the principles of mathematics, history and architectural concepts.
- Apply knowledge in history, theory, planning, and new building technology and utilities, structural concepts in developing architectural solutions in professional practice.
- Use various information and communication technology (ICT) media for architectural solutions, presentations, and techniques in design and construction
- Discuss current issues based on appropriate knowledge involving societal issues, professional, ethical, legal, and cultural concerning the practice of architecture.
- Interpret and apply relevant laws, codes, charters, and standards of architecture and concepts in sustainable development to the built environment.
- Prepare contract documents, technical reports and legal documents used in architectural practice adhering to applicable laws, ethics, standards and regulations.
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing using local and foreign languages.
- Able to work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams to accomplish common goals.
- Abreast with the emerging technology solutions significant in the field of architecture practice.
- Able to manage architectural projects and construction works.
- Apply entrepreneurial and business initiatives relevant to architecture practice.
- Promote and preserve the Filipino culture and architectural heritage.
- Apply knowledge in construction management; community planning development; and urban design.
AR. ERNEST MARTIN D.O. SORIANO, MiSDS
Chairperson, Architecture Department
Three to Five years from Graduation:
PEO1: The Graduates are globally competitive civil engineering practitioners
PEO2: The Graduates are known to perform well with other allied professions providing significant services to the society.
PEO3: The Graduates are doing engineering research, innovation and technopreneurship essential for economic development.
Program Outcomes: The graduates of B.S. Civil Engineering Program will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, engineering sciences in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design, build, improve, and install systems or processes which meet needs within realistic constraints. Work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Recognize, Analyze, and Solve Civil Engineering problems.
- Evaluate the impact of Civil Engineering projects on nature and society, and of the Civil Engineers' social and ethical responsibilities.
- Apply specialized engineering knowledge in each applicable field, and the ability to apply such knowledge to provide solutions to actual problems.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using the English language.
- Engage in life-long learning and proactive to the current development in the specific field of specialization.
- Use the appropriate techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for the practice of Civil Engineering.
- Apply knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Participate in the generation of new knowledge and advancement of existing knowledge, in research and development projects, and in technopreneurial activities in the areas of Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, and Water Resource Engineering aligned to the regional and national development agenda or goals.
Program educational objectives are broad statements that described the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve within three to five years from graduation. PEOs are based on the missions of the university.Three to five years from graduation:
- The graduates are industry-competent electrical practitioners.
- The graduates are significant contributors to the national development through electrical engineering solutions and innovations.
- The graduates are thought leaders and catalyst for improvement in the industry, business, and academe.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems relevant to the field of electrical engineering practice.
- Identify, research literature, analyze complex electrical engineering problems and formulate solutions using principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design, implement and evaluate systems, components, or processes to meet desired needs and requirements within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge in designing and conducting experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in electrical engineering fields specifically on power systems, power electronics, renewable energy, and power economics.
- Create, select, and apply current techniques, skills, modern engineering and IT tools necessary for electrical engineering practice within the specified constraints.
- Discuss current issues based on appropriate knowledge involving societal, health, safety, and professional, ethical, legal, and cultural concerning the practice of electrical engineering.
- Evaluate the effects of electrical engineering solutions in a comprehensive societal, economic and environmental context for sustainable development goals.
- Apply ethical principles and recognize professional, social, and ethical responsibility for the practice of electrical engineering profession.
- Develop proficiency in business and technical communication using local, national and internationally accepted Electrical Engineering standards, applied in complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Work effectively as an individual and as a member or a leader in a trans–disciplinary and multi–cultural team, recognizing the different roles within a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Recognize the need to be updated of the developments in the specific field of the electrical engineering practice and be prepared to engage in independent and life – long learning.
- Use engineering and management principles as a member or a leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.
- Participate in the generation of new knowledge and advancement of existing knowledge, in research and development projects, and in technopreneurial activities in the areas of power systems, power electronics, renewable energy, and power economics aligned to regional and national development agenda or goals.
- Preserve and promote the Filipino historical and cultural heritage
ENGR. CHRISTOPHER S. DOLINO
OIC- Chairperson, EE Department
ENGR. ROJIEN V. MORCILLA, MOE, PEE
OIC – Dean, CEA